Bacon, Mushroom, and Oyster Stuffing3 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“I could never find the right oyster stuffing recipe, so I made my own with bacon, onion, mushrooms, and oysters. It is great with grilled turkey.” - by rhondarella
Original recipe yields 8 cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet; cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Remove bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Reserve drippings in the skillet.
- Add the butter to the bacon drippings and melt over medium-high heat. Cook the onion, garlic, and mushrooms in the butter and drippings until the onion has caramelized, 10 to 15 minutes. Pour the wine into the skillet; allow the wine to warm; remove from heat.
- Place the stuffing cubes in a large bowl. Pour the vegetable mixture over the cubes. Add the chicken stock. Fold the oysters into the mixture. Transfer the stuffing to a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown on top, about 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 231 cal
- 11.1 g
- 21.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"Excellent! I made it exactly as stated, except (of course) I put the bacon in at the same time I added the mushrooms and onions. It was the most popular dish at the feast, and I'll definitely put this..." See more on our Thanksgiving tradition list."
"I made this for Thanksgiving. I have been looking and trying different stuffings and everybody loved it. I will probably mess around with some of the ingredients. Thank you for the recipe..." See more"
Mashed Potatoes with Fried Mushroom, Bacon, and Onion
Bacon Mustard Pork Roast with Stuffed Mushroom Caps
Just swipe to see more like this.