Caribbean Nachos12 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“This recipe combines spicy, sweet, and salty with a definite Caribbean flair. The multigrain chips make it a heartier and healthier dish, and add a wonderful nutty flavor. Chicken can be subbed for the shrimp, but increase the cooking time as necessary. Serve with sour cream and picante salsa.” - by Smarz325
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Layer the chips on a tray or cookie sheet. Arrange the red pepper, orange pepper, onion, avocado, and pineapple on top of the chips.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly crisp; drain on a plate lined with paper towels. Chop the bacon and sprinkle over the nachos.
- Pour the jerk marinade into a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring continually, until the marinade reduces to a thick sticky consistency, about 3 minutes. Add the shrimp and stir to coat; cook until the shrimp are hot. Scatter the shrimp over the nachos; top with Monterrey Jack cheese and cilantro.
- Place the nachos in the oven until the cheese is melted, about 7 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 1268 cal
- 68.9 g
- 108.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (12)Rate This Recipe
"I have made this twice in the last two weeks for different events. Every one loved it! It is a very unusual combination, and it presents beautifully! I just microwaved the Jerk sauce and I coated bo..." See moreth shrimp and the pineapple with the sauce. I also used shredded pepper jack chees as a reviewer below suggested. My father in law said it was the best appetizer he has ever had, and he has dined in some of the top restaurants in the country!"
"In the midst of watching the Pats game and eating these nachos. Everyone loves them, a great twist on a game-time favorite. Used the smallest shrimp I could find (salad shrimp) and they are just the..." See more right size. Don't know if we'll have room for the half-time pizza!"
"Fantastic nachos. Made as directed even though I was apprehensive of all the bell peppers and onions. Perfect amount of ingredients and wonderful blend of flavors! Thanks for sharing. I served it ..." See morewith Planter's Punch...equal amounts of Myers rum, oj and pineapple juice and splash of grenadine. YUM!"
Restaurant Style Chicken Nachos
Leftover Turkey Thanksgiving Nachos
Just swipe to see more like this.