Made Me Love Pumpkin Cake17 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“This is a tweak on my mom's banana-oatmeal cake that I made it for an early Thanksgiving dinner. I tried a piece to see how it came out and I love it! It tastes like a spice cake. I dislike pumpkin as a rule, but this cake is another story. Topped with cinnamon cream cheese frosting, it's sooo tasty! I can't wait to see if the rest of my family likes it as much as I do. I've also made this recipe using applesauce instead of pumpkin and it's just as good. This recipe calls for no eggs or salt.” - by Jessica B.
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. Pour the milk into a small bowl, and stir in the vinegar. Set aside.
- Mix the flour together with rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves in a bowl.
- Beat the white sugar, brown sugar, vegetable oil, butter, milk mixture, and vanilla together in a mixing bowl until smooth and well blended. Add the pumpkin and beat again until smooth. Gradually stir in the flour mixture until evenly blended. Mix in the walnuts. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Cool on a rack.
- Meanwhile, mix the frosting with 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in a bowl. When the cake is completely cool, spread over the top.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 418 cal
- 21.7 g
- 54.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (17)Rate This Recipe
"This cake was the best ever!! no one touched the pumpkin pie!..." See more"
"I used 1 cup honey instead of sugars, 1/2 cup extra pumpkin instead of butter, and doubled the spices. It rose beautifully, was moist, well-spiced, and gone in 5 minutes! Thank you for a recipe I coul..." See mored easily make egg and dairy free without anyone knowing!"
Pumpkin Cake III
Pumpkin Chocolate Dessert Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.