Creamed Broccoli Soup63 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 min
“A simple to make, very delicious creamed soup.” - by William Anatooskin
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat; add chopped onions, carrots, and garlic, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until softened.
- In a medium-sized cooking pot, add 4 cups water and chicken bouillon granules and bring to boil. Add precooked onion mixture to soup pot. Add broccoli florets, reserving a few pieces to be added near the end of cooking time. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until broccoli is just tender.
- In a blender or food processor, puree soup in batches and return to pot. Stir in half and half cream and remaining broccoli florets.
- In a cup, mix flour with 1/4 cup cold water to form a thin liquid.
- Bring soup to boil; add flour mixture slowly, stirring constantly to thicken soup as desired. Add soy sauce, black pepper, and stir well. Garnish with chopped parsley (or carrot curls) when serving. Serve soup hot or cold.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 247 cal
- 16.3 g
- 20.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (63)Rate This Recipe
"This soup is so flavorful. Everyone who tasted it loved it. I made some variations to lighten it: I used milk instead of half and half; I used 1 tbsp. butter instead of three; and I also used only 2..." See more tbsp. chicken bouillon granuals with 3 cups water, to decrease the sodium. When prepared in this manner the soup is less than 100 calories per 1 cup serving! Yummy! "
"A great recipe. I did however, add a little celery and omitted the carrots. Also, I did not puree it, but finely chopped the broccoli...." See more"
Cream of Broccoli Soup I
Cream of Broccoli Soup IV
Just swipe to see more like this.