Blueberry Dessert3 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“This heavenly dessert was my Grandmother's recipe, and there are never any leftovers. The sweet meringue and the salty crust just compliment each other. You will need to print copies of the recipe, because everyone that has a taste will want it. You can make this the night before you need it.” - by DECEMBER0
Original recipe yields 1 -8x12 inch dish
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix the butter, crushed saltines, and walnuts together in a bowl, and press the mixture into the bottom of an 8x12 inch baking dish.
- With an electric mixer, beat the egg whites, sugar, cream of tartar, and vinegar in a large metal or glass bowl until the mixture forms stiff peaks, then beat in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Spread the meringue mixture over the prepared crust, and bake in the preheated oven until the meringue is golden brown and firm, 10 to 15 minutes. Let the crust cool.
- Mix together the blueberry pie filling and lemon juice in a bowl, and spread the mixture over the cooled meringue.
- Beat the cream and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract together with an electric mixer, gradually adding confectioners' sugar, until the whipped cream forms fluffy peaks. Cover the blueberry pie filling with the whipped cream, and refrigerate until served.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 363 cal
- 19 g
- 45.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"Seems as though there is problem with this recipe, I made it an customized it for 8 servings, it turned out very good, so then I made it for 12 as originally printed and it seems so though the pan siz..." See moree should change to 9x13, I put in the 8x12 as stated, the meringue was so high that it seemed hard to put on the blueberries and the whipped cream. Something is just not correct with this recipe. First pan was very good."
"First review! Notsogood. Not bad, just not worth making. It looked pretty. Blueberries sandwiched between white. The meringue became rubbery once topped. The crust was okay. It didn't become cr..." See moreisp or too much different than it was to start with. Too many dishes, too much time, too ho-hum to make this again. Maybe it's one of those recipes kids like more than adults."
"As written, this recipe bombed. I tried it with some minor changes that made a huge difference. Instead of Saltines, I used A LOT of smushed up graham crackers and melted butter. Left out the cream of..." See more tartar, doubled the vanilla & left out the nuts. (They didn't "feel" right in this dessert) I also skipped the vinegar. I don't think I totally changed the recipe, just changed what didn't work. And it's yummy this way too."
Maritime Blueberry Buckle
Yummy Blueberry Breakfast Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.