Old-Fashioned Peach Cream Pie23 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 52 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 22 min
“This is an old recipe handed down to me by my grandmother. It's really one of the best pies I've ever tasted.” - by Cat Berner
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch pie
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Whisk together the 3/4 cup sugar, the 2 tablespoons flour, and salt. Beat in the sour cream, egg, and vanilla. Stir in the sliced peaches. Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and continue baking until the filling is set, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Raise oven temperature to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Whisk together the 1/3 cup flour, 1/3 cup sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Mix in the butter with a fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle the crumb topping evenly over the pie.
- Return the pie to the preheated oven and bake until topping is golden, about 10 minutes. Let pie cool slightly before slicing.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 376 cal
- 19.9 g
- 46.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (23)Rate This Recipe
"This is a very tasty recipe. I thought the topping was just a little too sweet, so next time I may cut back a little on the sugar. Also, I used a deeper pie plate so I will increase the amount of fill..." See moreing, including adding more peaches. It does puff up during baking, then settles back in. I did sprinkle some cinnamon on the peach filling before baking also. This is even better when cooled in the refrigerator. Thanks for a great recipe. I will definately make it again in the summer with some fresh peaches! FOOTNOTE: My father-in-law thought this was one of the best peach pies he's ever had!"
"I made mine with peaches, strawberries abd blueberries. It was fantastic. The sour cream gives it a great tang. I did however used half of the butter the recipe called for in the topping and it sti..." See morell was great. Sure to please if you're looking for a great fruit pie recipe. I'm sure it'll work with any sort of fruit you have on hand. WOW."
"I doubled the recipe to make two pies and baked both at the same time. I followed the directions step-by-step, but I was a little short on sour cream, so I probably only put about a cup-and-a-half of..." See more sour cream in them. I also used about 12 fresh peaches (6 peaches per pie). While baking the first 42 mins., I covered the edges of the pie crust. I followed Trinity's Mom's suggestion and added some oats to the topping. The pies were out of the oven for 15-20 mins. while I prepared the topping and upped the temp. to 400 degrees again, and when I put them back in the oven I uncovered the edges for the last 10 mins., then turned the oven off and let them sit in the oven for another 10 mins. They were perfect; not runny at all. I cooled them for about 40 mins. and then covered them and put them in the fridge to chill, and they were delicious!! Thanks for a great recipe!!"
Sour Cream Apple Pie Deluxe
Sour Cream Peach Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.