Butter Soup34 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“My oma used to make this soup when they first came to Canada and had no money--it's been passed down to me, and it's a favourite of everyone I've made it for!” - by Sharon
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Quarter the onion and separate the layers.
- Boil 8 cups water with the potato, onion, butter, bay leaf, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
- When the potatoes are done, mix the flour, eggs, and about 1 teaspoon salt in a separate bowl. Add water until it is a thick dough.
- Spoon or cut noodles into soup--I tilt the bowl over the soup and use a butter knife to cut strips as it pours.
- After noodles are fluffy, pour in the cream. Heat and serve. This soup is even better the next day!
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 472 cal
- 9.5 g
- 83.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (34)Rate This Recipe
"Excellent, one of our regular soups but we make 2 modifications. Instead of water we use broth of some kind, generally vegetable broth (canned or from veggie broth powder), but also excellent with ch..." See moreicken broth. Second modification, we love the drop noodles (dumplings) we double or triple them."
"This is good budget meal especially in these times of lay-offs. I added 4 chicken bouillon cubes. I also used only 4 potatoes but doubled noodle dough 'cuz we love them! Need to cook soup 5-6 minutes ..." See moremore once add noodles. Note: these are actually spaetzle, not noodles."
Rub Noodle Potato Soup
Peanut Butter Vegetable Chicken Soup
Just swipe to see more like this.