Cream of Artichoke Soup I15 Reviews
“This tastes like a cream of chicken and artichoke soup--at the same time! Garnish with croutons.” - by MARBALET
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Steam the artichokes in 2 cups water until tender (about 45 minutes) and reserve the liquid afterwards. Allow the artichokes to cool.
- Scrape the flesh from the bottom third of each leaf and place in medium soup pot along with the artichoke liquid.
- Remove fuzzy choke from each artichoke bottom and discard.
- Coarsely dice the artichoke bottoms and place in the soup pot. Next add chicken stock, vermouth, potato, carrot, onion, celery, garlic, bay leaves, and marjoram. Simmer until the vegetables are very tender and the liquid is reduced by 1/3, about 45 minutes.
- Next puree the soup in a blender and return to the pot.
- Add the cream and the cheese and heat through but don't boil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with croutons on top.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 410 cal
- 24.6 g
- 33.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (15)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe was great. I used frozen artichoke hearts and just chopped them up. To save time, I sauted the veggies in some olive oil to get them going. My husband even gobbled this up and if I had ..." See moretold him it was artichoke soup, he wouldn't have even touched it. My teenagers and even my 3 & 5 year old ate this soup up! Need to make a double batch next time!"
"OK, this is a fairly labor intensive recipe. But let's face it, artichokes always take a bit of effort. Even eating them plain. But this recipe is delicious. Served it to friends and they consume..." See mored every drop even though I had doubled the recipe.."
Cream of Fresh Asparagus Soup II
Cream of Cauliflower and Stilton Soup
Just swipe to see more like this.