Candy Cane Cheesecake9 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr 10 min
- Ready In: 1 day 2 hr 40 min
“You can vary what you top this festive cheesecake with: crushed candy canes are a must, but you can spread whipped cream on top before sprinkling with candy canes, or drizzle with some melted chocolate chips. Please add your comments as you find ways to improve this recipe!” - by CARRIELOVESKEITH
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- Combine the cookie crumbs and 3 tablespoons sugar in a bowl. Drizzle the melted butter into the mixture while stirring until evenly moistened. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until set, about 10 minutes; set aside to cool. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Combine the cream cheese, flour, and salt in a large bowl. Beat with an electric hand mixer on lowest speed until smooth and fluffy. Add the 1 3/4 cup sugar, sour cream, and 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and beat until incorporated. Stir in the eggs one at a time, stopping and scraping down the sides of the bowl between each one.
- Divide the mixture evenly into two separate bowls. In one bowl, stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla. In the other bowl, add the peppermint extract and the red food coloring and mix until you get a reddish-pink color. Add more coloring as needed. Alternate layers of 1 cup each of the white and pink onto the cooled crust until all the filling is used.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the filling is mostly set. The center will jiggle slightly when the pan is shaken and the edges will be slightly puffed, 60 to 70 minutes.
- Sprinkle the crushed candies evenly over the cheesecake and gently press into the top. Allow to cool on a rack to room temperature. Cover loosely and refrigerate overnight before serving.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 545 cal
- 34.5 g
- 52.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"This was delicious! The only thing I would change would be to sprinkle the crushed candy canes just before serving, as they half-melted in the fridge overnight and looked kinda icky. But it tasted g..." See morereat - the whole family liked this for the Christmas dinner dessert."
"This was AMAZING! I opted not to use the cool whip, and added 1/2 melted white chocolate chips to make it a white chocolate peppermint cheesecake. I made them in two bite size for a cocktail party an..." See mored they were a HUGE hit!"
"I added more mint because I didn't think 1 tsp would be enough - I added 2 tsps and it was nice and minty! I was a little dissappointed, however, when I went to grab the cheesecake in the morning to ..." See morebring it to a bakesale at work, and the crushed candy canes had bled all over the top of the cake. this has nothing to do with the recipe, of course, but be warned - the longer it sits, the more the candies on top will get messy! still delish though!"
Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake
Guinness(R) and Chocolate Cheesecake
Just swipe to see more like this.