Crillo de Pollo1 Reviews
- Prep: 40 min
- Cook: 1 hr 10 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 50 min
“This is a traditional Argentinean soup, it is meant to be very thick! It is simple and most people have to experiment with the ingredients to make it spicy enough for their family. This is how we have found we like it!” - by ryalibertino
Original recipe yields 6 large servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Toss chicken cubes with salt, pepper, garlic, thyme, and bay leaves. Spread half of the diced onion onto the bottom of a deep baking dish. Sprinkle the chicken overtop, and cover with remaining onions. Bake in preheated oven until the chicken has turned golden brown, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Pour the chicken and onions along with the potatoes into a large soup pot; pour in the chicken broth. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add carrots and corn, then cover and continue simmering for 20 minutes more.
- Stir together the cream and egg yolk until well blended. Slowly stir in 1/2 cup of hot broth until incorporated; set aside. Ladle out half of the potatoes, mash, then stir back, into the soup. Dissolve the arrowroot in the water, and stir into soup to thicken. Finally, stir the hot egg mixture into the soup, and gently simmer for 2 to 3 minutes to thicken.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with a sprinkle of parsley and cilantro.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 364 cal
- 11.6 g
- 46.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"This is a fairly standard chicken soup, a bit heavy on the onion. It didn't thicken up much for us. We prefer dishes with a lot of spices and flavors, so we probably won't make this again...." See more"
Hunts(R) Sopa de Fideo con Pollo
Caldo de Pollo
Just swipe to see more like this.