Creamy Potato Soup40 Reviews
“This is an incredibly delicious soup. I recommend you serve it with fresh warm bread, they taste so great together.” - by Lisa
Original recipe yields 6 to 8 servings
- In a large saucepan cook bacon until crisp. Set bacon aside, along with 3 tablespoons of bacon drippings.
- Add potatoes, onion, carrot and celery to drippings. Add enough water to cover vegetables and cook over low heat until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in milk, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- In separate bowl, stir together sour cream, flour and paprika. Gradually stir 1 cup of hot soup mixture into sour cream mixture.
- Pour sour cream mixture into soup mixture. Cook until small bubbles break soups service. Top with chopped bacon pieces.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 358 cal
- 20 g
- 33.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (40)Rate This Recipe
"This was a great base but I did make some changes...I used chicken broth instead of water, carrots instead of celery a little more sour cream and flour to make it thicker, a handful of grated cheese ..." See moreand I also added left over ham. I still garnished with a little bacon, cheese and green onion tops."
T. J. LEVINSON
"I tried this recipe for dinner. It did not turn out the way I thought it would. Instead of being white and creamy, it turned out brown and runny. The soup did not taste as "creamy" as I thought it ..." See morewould. I was really disappointed."
"This recipie is a great base for potato soup. I added chives, cumin, tumeric, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and garlic salt to this recipie and it was great. I also substituted starch for flour. ..." See moreI find starch is actually easier to work with than flour and clumps less. I put grated taco cheese and green onion on top. It was great. I also find that you can fix a thin recipie by adding more corn starch. I had to add 2 more table spoon of starch to get the resipie to the thickness that I desired, but I expected that as I think I made more than the recipie called for. I read a few of the comments beforehand and frankly, you have to know how to cook to be able to use a recipie. Otherwise you are just practising and the recipie may turn out terrible, but after practice a recipie can be wonderful."
Creamy Potato Leek Soup II
Creamy Slow Cooker Potato Cheese Soup
Just swipe to see more like this.