Chicken and Portobello Rollups23 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“Asparagus, portobello mushrooms and red pepper slices are wrapped in a breast of chicken and smothered to your liking of cream of mushroom soup.” - by Arthur Marania
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in garlic, and cook until it begins to turn golden brown, about 1 minute. Add the mushroom, red pepper, and asparagus; season with seasoned salt and oregano, then gently cook until softened. Pour mixture onto a plate, and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray a small, glass baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place each chicken breast between two sheets of plastic wrap, and pound to 1/4-inch thick. Evenly divide the portobello, red pepper, and asparagus among the flattened chicken breasts. Roll up and secure with toothpicks. Place into prepared baking dish.
- Bake chicken in preheated oven until no longer pink, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, stir together cream of mushroom soup and milk in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to low, and keep warm while chicken cooks.
- To serve, remove toothpicks from chicken, slice each in half at an angle, and place onto a serving platter or individual plates. Ladle cream of mushroom soup overtop.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 342 cal
- 13.3 g
- 13.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (23)Rate This Recipe
"This was amazing!! The flavors BURST in your mouth! However, I did make a few alterations just because I honestly can't help it. Here are my alterations: 1.Cut the recipe in 1/2 to serve 2 people, 2. ..." See moreWhen sauteing the red pepper, asparagus & garlic, add garlic last. Minced garlic doesn't take long to cook & you def. don't want it to burn or it will ruin the dish, 3. Used button mushrooms (thats all i had on hand-worked out fine) 4. Sauted veggies in EVOO & a little butter, 5. After flatening the chicken breast, I seasoned the outside with onion powder, poultry seasoning, & black pepper & little seasoned salt, then rolled up and returned to same pan I cooked veggies in to brown both sides of chicken (also added about little EVOO to pan before putting chicken in), 6. For the sauce on top-I deglazed the pan by adding about 1/4 cup chicken broth to pan & scraping all that good yummy stuff at the bottom, let reduce for about 1 minute, then added the entire can of cream of mushroom soup. I skipped the milk & added about 3 tblpns 1/2 & 1/2. Also seasonsed the sauce w/about 1 tspn poultry seasoning & onion poweder, dash black pepper & little garlic salt. SO GOOD!! Loved it!"
"this was very good, however i tweaked some of the steps/ingredients. i also added some worcestire and a little bit of fresh grated Parmesan cheese to the mushroom sauce. also be careful which kind of..." See more mushroom soup you use. i didn't even need to use milk. the kind of creamy mush soup i got was the perfect consistancy. i would recommend not adding the portabellos in at the same time as the peppers/asparagus, they cook quicker, wait a little bit. i also sprinkled some olive oil on the chicken before putting it in oven. i too, served it over rice. my boyfriend's a chef and really enjoyed it."
Garlic Cheese Chicken Rollups
Chicken With Portobello Mushrooms and Artichokes
Just swipe to see more like this.