Mulligatawny Soup III6 Reviews
“This is a very old recipe from the 1930's. Do not substitute margarine for the butter.” - by Andrew Chinn
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Melt butter in large saucepan. Add onion, carrot, celery, pepper, apple, and chicken. Cook until browned.
- Stir in flour, curry powder, mace, cloves, parsley, and tomatoes. Cover, and simmer 1 1/2 hours.
- Take chicken out, set aside, and strain vegetables from broth. Return chicken to pot.
- Using a food mill, puree vegetables. Return to soup. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add rice and boiling white stock. Serve.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 231 cal
- 9.4 g
- 22.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"Before trying this recipe, I'd never had Mulligatawny soup and wasn't sure what to expect. I was a bit apprehensive when I saw how thick the mixture got after adding the flour but later realized ther..." See moree was nothing to worry about. This is the absolute best soup I've ever had! I followed the recipe "as is" except that I decided to double it since I wanted to use whole veggies (as opposed to 1/4 cups) and had lots of leftover rice from the day before. The recipe does not specify, but I used green apple, which added a fantastic punch to the flavor! This was so delicious and so easy. I can't wait to make it again!"
"I'd never made this kind of soup before either, but it is now my new favorite! I had to make a few changes: didn't have any mace, so left it out; used chicken broth instead of beef broth; added 1/2 c...." See more uncooked white rice and let it cook in the soup about 20 minutes. Delicious, thank you for the recipe."
Mulligatawny Soup I
Beef Curry Soup
Just swipe to see more like this.