Mushroom and Artichoke Soup18 Reviews
“I make this soup for a local health cafe. This recipe is hearty, filled with flavor, and a vegetarian's delight.” - by Lori Policastro
Original recipe yields 50 plus servings
- Place artichokes in a food processor, slice thinly and set aside. It works well when using a 3 millimeter slicing disk.
- Using a extra-large stock pot saute onions, garlic and shallots in olive oil and set on low. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over onions and cook for 1 minute. Stir in vinegar and cook for approximately 3 minutes, in order for vinegar to evaporate.
- Stir in water, vegetable base, salt, pepper, cayenne, nutmeg, thyme and sliced artichokes and cook for 25 minutes.
- Add dried mushrooms along with the water they soaked in, fresh mushrooms and carrots. Let cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir in capers and parsley, season with salt and serve.
Amount Per Serving (50 total)
- 102 cal
- 4.6 g
- 13.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (18)Rate This Recipe
"I was a little apprehensive about trying this recipe because I generally only try the ones that are 5 star rated- but this one changed all that! This soup is delicious! I scaled down the servings quit..." See moree a bit, and it was wonderful. I cooked it for some friends and they raved about it! Great recipe!"
"Definitely time consuming, once you are done draining the artichokes and slicing all the mushrooms but oh, it is so worth it! Unfortunately doesn't store well and loses most of its taste by the next m..." See moreeal, definitely by the next morning."
Hungarian Mushroom Soup
Delicious Mushroom Soup
Just swipe to see more like this.