Chicken Soup Tete Style5 Reviews
“My husband's Grandmother from Syria made soup similar to this. Very hearty and great for those who don't feel well.” - by Debra Deeb
Original recipe yields 4 to 6 servings
- Place chicken, celery, carrots, onions, garlic, cloves, cinnamon, cilantro, peppercorns, and bay leave in a large stock pot and fill with cold water, (it is not necessary to peel the garlic or onion, just wash the outside.) Using low heat cook for 4 hours after boiling begins or until water line is an inch or two from the top.
- Using a colander drain broth into another pot. Reserve chicken meat and discard the rest.
- In a bowl put rice and 1 cup of water to soak. While it is soaking skim fat off the top of broth and remove usable meat from chicken.
- Add rice to chicken broth and salt and pepper to taste. Boil at least 20 minutes and then add shredded chicken. Remove from heat and let sit until soup thickens.
- Once soup has reached desired thickness heat through and serve.
Amount Per Serving (5 total)
- 616 cal
- 17 g
- 74.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
Hearty Chicken Vegetable Soup I
Mother-in-law Chicken Soup
Just swipe to see more like this.