South of The Border Chicken Soup15 Reviews
“This is a very quick and easy chicken soup recipe to make and very savory as well.” - by CORWYNN DARKHOLME
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Heat oil in large stock pot; add tortilla strips and fry, stirring until golden. Once golden remove tortillas and place on paper towel, lined plate. Try absorbing as much oil as possible.
- Place onion and bell pepper into stock pot, over medium heat, and cook until soft.
- Add garlic, stir in flour and gradually stir in chicken broth.
- Add cooked chicken, frozen vegetables and chili powder and cook until thickened.
- Sprinkle with tortilla strips before serving.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 235 cal
- 9.9 g
- 20.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (15)Rate This Recipe
"I really liked this soup but I made some changes. Being from TX I thought the mixed vegetables sounded kind of funny so I added a can of kidney beans and a can of corn kernels instead. I also added qu..." See moreite a bit more chili pepper and and a little cumin. "
"Great soup! I didn't have any tortillas but I'll be sure to have some around next time I make this! I also added 1/2 tsp ground cumin, use red and green bell peppers and an additional cup of chicken b..." See moreroth. Besides having tortillas on hand next time, I think I add some noodles in place of the mixed veggies because it was "differnt" to have carrots, beans and chopped broccoli with this mexican flair but overall, we are are please with the result of this soup. Thanks Corwynn!"
"Everyone in my family liked this recipe, and that's saying something! I did have to make a few substitutions and changes. I added a package of ramen noodles (saw that someone added extra veggies) to..." See more take up some of the liquid. We didn't have corn tortillas, but I used flour. We broke them into smaller pieces to put into the soup. They really made a huge difference! It was like adding crackers and having them stay crunchy. This recipe is a definite keeper!"
Chicken Tortilla Soup II
Chicken and Rice Soup II
Just swipe to see more like this.