Sauerkraut Meatball Soup17 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“My Mom has been making this for years. It may not sound very good, but give it a try. It's delicious!” - by AUNTYLENE
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, onion powder, nutmeg and salt. If you are using white wine also add at this time. Using your hands shape mixture into small balls. Cook in a large skillet over medium heat until brown; set aside.
- In a large stock pot bring 3 quarts water and bouillon cubes to a boil.
- In a small saucepan, heat milk, water and butter until butter is melted and mixture is warm.
- Place flour in a medium bowl. Whisk a small amount of the warm milk mixture into the flour to form a smooth paste. Then whisk the flour mixture into the remaining warm milk mixture in the saucepan.
- Pour milk mixture into stock pot and then add sauerkraut and meat balls to soup. Simmer over low heat 30 minutes. Serve hot.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 737 cal
- 52.5 g
- 36.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (17)Rate This Recipe
"It turned out awesome---my brother & I boiled up some Bisquik dumplings on top of it for an excellent meal. I'll definitely make this again...." See more"
"This was delicious, a real keeper. I made it exactly as written. I think the person who gave this recipe 1 star may have used sweetened condensed milk instead of evaporated milk, because this is not a..." See more sweet soup as written. They are 2 very different products."
Hearty Meatball Soup II
Albondigas Soup III
Just swipe to see more like this.