Classic She Crab Soup44 Reviews
“A full-bodied creamy crab soup that can be served with lemon for added tartness.” - by MARBALET
Original recipe yields 6 to 7 servings
- Place eggs in a 2 quart saucepan and cover with water. Bring water to a boil. Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 10-12 minutes. Remove eggs from hot water and cool.
- Press the yolks of hard-boiled eggs through a sieve and set aside.
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium low heat. Add the green onions and celery; cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in the stock, milk and cream. Bring to a simmer.
- Add cooked egg yolks, crabmeat, sherry, salt and pepper and heat through. Ladle into bowls and garnish each serving with a pinch of paprika and a lemon slice.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 566 cal
- 42.7 g
- 13.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (44)Rate This Recipe
"In college I worked as a waitress in a cajun resturant. The chef served a secret recipie she crab soup that was to die for. I have been looking for a recipie comparable to it and I have finally found ..." See moreit!!!! This is sooooooooo good!!!!!"
"My boyfriend and I first had she-crab soup on Hilton Head Island and loved it. This soup tasted exactly like it. It is so quick and easy to make, but don't tell him that. (I did not use the eggs.)..." See more"
"Really, really good! Made as directed but had to sub clam juice for the fish stock..no problem there! Since real 'she-crab' soup is made with the roe from females which gives the soup a beautiful pale..." See more coral color I did add some cayenne to spice it up a bit and add a little color..yummy!"
Karyn's Cream of Crab Soup
Awesome Crab Soup
Just swipe to see more like this.