Rollitos de Pollo en Salsa de Guajillo (Chicken Rolls in Guajillo Pepper Sauce)2 Reviews
- Prep: 50 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“Chicken breasts are pounded flat, then rolled up with ham and a mushroom-cilantro stuffing, and roasted. The orange-guajillo sauce really sets this dish off!” - by Rosa Isel
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place the onion quarter, and garlic clove on a small pan, and place in the oven to roast as oven comes to temperature. Remove once golden.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in minced garlic, and cook for about a minute until golden brown and fragrant. Pour in mushrooms, and cook for a minute or two until the garlic flavor has infused the mushrooms, and they are no longer soggy. Stir in the cilantro, then remove from heat.
- Prepare the rolls by laying each chicken breast onto your work surface. Spoon some of the mushroom filling onto the center of the chicken breast, then cover with the ham. Roll into a firm cylinder, and secure with toothpicks.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken rolls; sear until golden brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Place into the preheated oven, and cook until they reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees F (70 degrees C), 15 to 20 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, bring the water to a boil, and blanch the guajillo chiles until softened, about 30 seconds. Place chiles into a blender, along with the tomatoes, roasted onion, and roasted garlic; puree until smooth, using water as needed to make a smooth sauce.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Pour in the pureed sauce, and bring to a boil. Pour in the orange juice, season with oregano, and salt to taste. Return to a boil, then reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- To serve, remove the toothpicks from the chicken rolls, and slice each into 3 or 4 slices. Arrange onto dinner plates, and bathe with sauce.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 261 cal
- 8.5 g
- 14 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"I gave it 4 stars overall... The sauce is a fabulous 6 stars, but the stuffing is about a 3. All I could find for the chilies were dried ones, but I still destemmed, and emptied the seeds as much as p..." See moreossible, and still boiled them for about 30 seconds. I think this is a great recipe for three chicken breasts, and if you're going to make six, double up on the stuffing and really stuff those breasts!! I'll probably make it again, it just takes a lot of time to prepare. Thank you for sharing!"
"I didn't have a meat mallet and I was kind of lazy so I didn't pound the chicken enough. I would recommend pounding the chicken very thin, slicing the mushrooms and ham very thin to make prettier chi..." See morecken rolls. Also, I only had three chicken breasts but I used the same amount of all the rest of the ingredients and I'm glad I did because the sauce and fillings are wonderful."
Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Cornbread Dressing
Baked Chicken In a Sweet BBQ Sauce
Just swipe to see more like this.