Spanish-Style Chicken Stew24 Reviews
- Prep: 35 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“A thick, spicy and warming stew for the coldest of winter evenings.” - by BettyBoothroyd
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in onions and garlic, cook until the onion has softened and turned translucent. Pour in tomatoes, garbanzo beans, and water; season with paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Stir in carrots and potatoes, then place chicken thighs skin-side up on top of the vegetables.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium, cover, and simmer until the chicken is tender, about 25 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Remove chicken from the stew and set aside. Stir in the chorizo slices, then pour the stew into a glass baking dish. Place the chicken thighs on top, skin-side up.
- Bake in preheated oven until the stew has thickened and the chicken skin is crispy, about 15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 509 cal
- 25.5 g
- 44.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (24)Rate This Recipe
"This stew was so good; however I think that if it was served with rice it would taste even better. If you don't like spicy food, then you may want to cut back on the red pepper flakes...." See more"
"What a treat.. Im a new cook but knew enough to use Chicken Broth instead of water. I also added Cayenne Pepper along with the Flakes and used Polish Kielbasa instead of the sausage in the recipe. Thi..." See mores is an amazing dish full of flavor (dont know how other reviewers didnt get the kick.. maybe it was my Cayenne pepper addition) For me it was spicy and the vegetables were nice and firm and not soggy. Cant wait for the leftovers! "
Spicy Chicken and Sweet Potato Stew
African Chicken Stew
Just swipe to see more like this.