Dad's Pumpkin Chiffon Pie9 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Ready In: 3 hr 30 min
“Deliciously different pumpkin chiffon pie with a gingersnap crust! My family has used this pumpkin pie recipe exclusively for all the 43 years I have been around!” - by Jennifer Powell
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch pie
- Line one 9 inch pie pan with whole gingersnap cookies, breaking as necessary for fitting.
- In a saucepan over medium heat cook pumpkin puree to heat through, stirring frequently.
- Separate the eggs. Combine the egg yolks, 1/2 cup sugar, milk, spices and butter or margarine. Add to pumpkin and cook, stirring frequently until mixture is of custard consistency. Remove mixture from heat.
- Soften gelatin in the cold water and stir into the pumpkin until dissolved. Chill mixture until it begins to stiffen (about 1 1/2 hours).
- Whip egg whites with the reaming 1/2 cup sugar until stiff. Fold whipped egg whites into the pumpkin mixture. Spoon mixture into the prepared pan and chill until set (about 3 hours). Serve topped with whipped cream.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 429 cal
- 14.9 g
- 68.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"I can't stand pumpkin pie. Ok, with this pie, I was sneaking back to the fridge for more. I used a baked pie shell, rather than the cookie crust called for. The pie is wonderfully light and fluffy...." See more Makes other pumpkin pies truly taste like... someone said mud"
"I made this recipe for Thanksgiving and it was SO yummy. My family loved it. It makes ordinary pumpkin pie look like mud. The gingersnap crust adds such a great flavor. THANKS! Will prepare this ..." See moreagain!!"
"This is a very different but delicious pumpkin pie. Since I tend to like my pies lighter, I thought it was very good. The ginersnaps really added flavor. The way the pumpkin mixture oozes into the ..." See moreginger snaps, it reminds me of a very fluffy banana pudding, except that it tastes like pumpkin pie instead of banana. This recipe seems to be especially popular with children. I wound up having to use 2 pie pans for it though. It makes 2 pies or 1 very deep dish pie."
Sara's Pumpkin Pie
Pumpkin Chiffon Pie II
Just swipe to see more like this.