Buttery Pan Rolls48 Reviews
- Prep: 35 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 3 hr
“These are delicious. They take a little time to make but they are worth the effort.” - by Charlotte
Original recipe yields 40 rolls
- Combine 3 cups of the flour, the sugar, salt and yeast in a large bowl. Stir well and set aside.
- Combine milk, water and 1/4 cup of the butter in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until butter melts, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let mixture cool to 120 to 130 degrees F (49 to 54 degrees C).
- Gradually add milk to flour mixture and beat at low speed of an electric mixer for 30 seconds. Then beat for 2 minutes at high speed. Gradually stir in the remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for about 8 to 10 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic. Place dough in a well greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place for about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Punch dough down, cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Melt remaining 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter.
- Shape dough into 40 balls and dip each one in the melted butter. Place the balls in two greased 9 inch square baking pans. Cover and let rise for 45 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) oven for 15 minutes or until rolls are golden. Brush warm rolls with any remaining melted butter.
Amount Per Serving (40 total)
- 97 cal
- 3.2 g
- 14.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (48)Rate This Recipe
"The rolls were great! They were easy to make and tasted wonderful. I needed to make individual rolls and was able to do so with this recipe. I took someone's suggestion of making monkey bread with ha..." See morelf of the recipe. Oh my gosh....It was delicious! I rolled the dough balls in butter and then dipped them in a brown sugar mix (1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 tsp. cinnamon). Once they were out of the oven, I poured on a glaze (powdered sugar, water, and almond extract). They were so delicious! I had to freeze that batch so I would stop eating them. It makes a great breakfast treat!"
"The recipe is easy to follow and the rolls couldn't have come out any better! I had been searching for a recipe like this one for a long time so I could stop buying those yummy buttery rolls and make..." See more them myself and this is it! Read carefully and take your time and anyone can make these and they definately get a gold star! Fabulous tasting!"
Quick Yeast Rolls
Blue Ribbon Overnight Rolls
Just swipe to see more like this.