Chocolate Caramel Candy24 Reviews
- Prep: 5 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 50 min
“A wonderful Thanksgiving or Christmas treat!” - by Stephanie Phillips
Original recipe yields 8 dozen 1 inch squares
- Lightly grease one 13x9 inch pan.
- To Make Base: Combine the first three ingredients (1 cup milk chocolate chips, 1/4 cup butterscotch chips and 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter) in a small saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly, over low heat until melted and smooth. Spread into the bottom of the prepared pan. Refrigerate until set.
- To Make Filling: In a heavy saucepan melt the butter over medium-high heat. Stir in sugar and evaporated milk. Bring mixture to a boil and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the marshmallow cream, 1/4 cup of the peanut butter and the vanilla. Add the peanuts and spread over the base layer. Refrigerate until set.
- To Make Caramel Layer: Combine the caramels and cream in a saucepan, stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Spread over the top of the filling and refrigerate until smooth.
- To Make Frosting Layer: In another saucepan combine the last three ingredients (1 cup milk chocolate chips, 1/4 butterscotch chips and 1/4 cup peanut butter), stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Pour over the caramel layer. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cut into 1 inch squares. Store in the refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving (48 total)
- 168 cal
- 9 g
- 20.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (24)Rate This Recipe
"I've made this recipe lots of times and although I would agree it is time consuming, everyone loves it when I make it. Just one tip to shorten the time a little. I use the microwave to melt the ch..." See moreocolate layers and the caramel layer. Just check your chips after every 30 seconds (stirring each time you check). Do not overcook chocolate in the microwave! I hope this helps!"
"I enjoyed this. As far as getting the bottom layer up, I found that leaving it out of the fridge at room temp for 20 minutes helped. I also wish the chocolate layers were a bit thicker. The caramel..." See more oozed out a lot when left out to serve at my gathering. Maybe next time, I won't use quite as much of the whipping cream, then it will be thicker and hold its shape. Overall, it was good."
"The candy was delicious, but a bit messy. Since it must be kept refridgerated, if it was not consumed immediately, the caramel would begin to melt if at room temperature for more then 5 minutes. I w..." See moreill make again for a party at home, but not to take to work, school , etc due to the gooey-ness."
Chocolate Caramel Brownies
Gooey Chocolate Carmel Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.