Oyster Stuffing6 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 50 min
“Oyster stuffing with celery, onions, crumbled cornbread, and turkey giblets. This recipe makes enough stuffing to stuff a 10- to 12-pound turkey.” - by Erika Michael
Original recipe yields 7 cups
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir celery and onions until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the crumbled cornbread, cooked celery, cooked onions, giblets, oysters, parsley, basil, salt, paprika, dried sage, and nutmeg. Toss well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Stir beaten eggs and chicken stock into the stuffing mixture. Transfer mixture to a casserole dish and bake it in preheated oven approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- You can also stuff the stuffing mixture in the turkey. Remove stuffing promptly once bird is cooked.
Amount Per Serving (14 total)
- 119 cal
- 4.9 g
- 13.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe is a wonderful twist on ordinary stuffing. I increase the amount of spices since I make a larger amount of cornbread then what is needed. Made the holidays a hit!!!..." See more"
"This was a new kind of stuffing for me. I found that it called for the perfect amount of spices. I enjoyed it very much!..." See more"
Holiday Oyster Stuffing
Oyster and Cornbread Dressing
Just swipe to see more like this.