New York Cheesecake49 Reviews
- Prep: 40 min
- Cook: 55 min
- Ready In: 7 hr 35 min
“This cheesecake is New York-style, fool-proof, easy, and super-delicious.” - by Kitchen Queen
Original recipe yields 1 cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix together the cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter in a bowl until evenly moistened. Press into the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Blend in the eggs, 1 tablespoon of vanilla, and cream of tartar. Pour over the pie crust.
- Bake in preheated oven until the center is set, about 50 minutes. Allow to cool on counter for 5 minutes.
- Mix together the sour cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 1/2 cup sugar in a bowl until smooth; carefully pour over cheesecake starting from the sides of the pan and working your way to the center.
- Return to oven for another 5 minutes. Allow to cool in pan to room temperature. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 509 cal
- 35.4 g
- 40.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (49)Rate This Recipe
"I have been making this recipe for a while now and I must admit it's become my favorite. I think it's involved but oh so worth it. Sometimes I like to add a hint of almond extract in the sour cream ..." See moretopping. This is the one time I allow myself to splurge on such a decadent dessert. I would give this more than 5 stars if possible because it is THE BEST!"
"I am a little nervous . I followed this recipe word by word. After pouring the sou cream mixture over the cake, I baked it for 5 minutes as it says in the recipe. My concern is that when I took it out..." See more of the oven it looks very runny. Is it suppose to do that and will it firm up in the refrigerator. Other than that it looks like a great recipe!!"
Chantal's New York Cheesecake
New York Cheesecake I
Just swipe to see more like this.