Fresh Corn Spoon Bread11 Reviews
- Prep: 45 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“This a great custard-like corn bread that can take the place of a stuffing.” - by Christine L.
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Butter one 8x8x2- inch glass baking dish.
- Whisk milk, cornmeal, and salt in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Bring mixture to a boil, whisking constantly until mixture begins to thicken, about 4 minutes. Reduce heat to low and cook until the mixture is very thick, stirring frequently, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer cornmeal to a large bowl. Stir in corn, green onions, and butter. Add the egg yolks one at a time, stirring after each one.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold half of the egg white mixture into the warm cornmeal to lighten it; fold in remaining egg whites. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until light, puffed and golden brown, about 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 226 cal
- 10.9 g
- 24.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"I had high hopes for this recipe, but it was fairly tastless. Jiffy mix has better flavor...." See more"
"Very big hit at the holiday party. I added 1/4 cup of sugar to this. This was exactly what we were looking for, will make again as a side...." See more"
Cheese Corn Spoon Bread
The Best Corn Bread You'll Ever Eat
Just swipe to see more like this.