Rosemary Mashed Potatoes and Yams139 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr 35 min
- Ready In: 2 hr
“A twist on the traditional mashed potatoes.” - by Ibby
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8 inch square baking dish.
- Place garlic in small ovenproof bowl, and drizzle with olive oil. Roast for 30 minutes, or until very soft. Cool and peel the garlic, and reserve the oil.
- Boil potatoes and yams in a large pot of salted water until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup liquid.
- Place potatoes and yams in a large bowl with milk, butter, rosemary, garlic, and reserved olive oil. Mash to desired consistency, adding reserved cooking liquid as needed. Mix in 1/4 cup cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake until heated through and golden on top, about 45 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 241 cal
- 10.5 g
- 32.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (139)Rate This Recipe
"Deliciously different! I didn't add the garlic cloves to the potatoes since the garlic was a little charred; I just added the garlic-infused oil which gave it a nice, subtle garlic flavor. Will defi..." See morenitely make this again!"
"Not a fan of yams or sweet potatoes (not even regular potatoes) and I loved them! Really tasty and I believe the secret is in the roasted garlic! My family loved them. I didn’t add the water from the ..." See morepotatoes as the consistency was already very light (I even would’ve reduced the milk a little next time). But all depends on your taste! UPDATE 5/12: I made them again with little changes: used minced garlic and put it in the oven for 30 minutes with the oil. used 1/4 of heavy cream instead of milk. again no water. and I add sheddar cheese...Oh my goodness! delicious!!! better than the first time Definitely a keeper!!!"
"I thought this recipe could be tweeked somewhat to incorporate the flavors better, but my husband really liked it. I'm not a big rosemary fan, but loved the texture and garlic flavor of this recipe. ..." See more Also, it tasted more like potatoes than yams so if I made this again I'd reduce the amount of potato and increase the yam portion by about 1/4."
Day Before Mashed Potatoes
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Just swipe to see more like this.