Mocha Walnut Cookies37 Reviews
“A mocha version of the classic chocolate chip cookie.” - by Carmela Sagendorf
Original recipe yields 24 - 3 inch cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt over hot (not boiling) water 1/2 cup of the chocolate morsels. Stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- In small cup, dissolve the instant coffee in the 2 teaspoons boiling water. Set aside.
- In small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine butter, sugars, and coffee. Beat until creamy. Add egg and melted morsels. Mix well. Gradually add flour mixture. Stir in remaining 1-1/2 cups chocolate morsels and walnuts. Form into walnut-sized balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10-12 minutes. Allow to stand 2-3 minutes before removing from cookie sheets.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 224 cal
- 11.4 g
- 28.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (37)Rate This Recipe
"This cookie created conflict. They were so good I wanted to share them and made up a plate for my husband to take to his parent's house. But they were so good he kept insisting I only put a few on the..." See more plate and made it clear that he would not be held responsible if they were gone before his family got some. Just fantastic."
"These were good! My first batch was a little flat, so I added a touch more flour and that did the trick. I let each batch cool for 5 minutes before moving to serving tray and had no problems with cook..." See moreies falling apart."
Black Walnut Cookies I
Mocha Chocolate Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.