Wild Rice and Oyster Casserole2 Reviews
“A rich oyster dish that makes a perfect Thanksgiving side dish.” - by D. Reynolds
Original recipe yields 10 to 12 servings
- In a large saucepan place the rice, consomme and water. Bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer until rice is tender, about 20 minutes. Stir in butter.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Place half of rice in large baking dish. Cover with oysters seasoned with salt, pepper, and hot sauce to taste. Top with remaining rice.
- Heat mushroom soup, half and half, onion powder, thyme, and curry powder. Pour over rice and oyster mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Garnish with parsley.
Amount Per Serving (11 total)
- 302 cal
- 13.7 g
- 32.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"Had never thought of having a side dish with curry in it for Thanksgiving-however- I did, and am glad for it! This recipe is probably not for everyone, but you must at least try it. It complimented ..." See moremy whole meal very well, it was nice and creamy, and everyone really liked the different taste. Definitely not just for Thanksgiving! Thanks!"
"I LOVED this recipe~ I used a pint of Willapoint oysters and it was fantastic. My husband wasn't the biggest fan, he said the oysters were too big, but I would definitely make it again and just eat i..." See moret myself! I think next time I will sub fat-free evaporated milk for the half-and-half though... it was wicked rich."
Ham and Wild Rice Casserole
Wild Rice and Turkey Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.