Dad's Oyster Dressing1 Reviews
- Prep: 5 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 15 min
“Stuffing made from wild rice and oysters makes a fabulous dressing for your Thanksgiving celebration.” - by S Campbell
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Cook rice in boiling salted water till tender, about 40 minutes. Drain, and place in shallow pan. Place pan in a 275 degree F(135 degree C) oven to dry out for a few minutes.
- Saute pork in skillet over medium heat. Remove pork from pan using a slotted spoon. Drain off all but a couple of tablespoons grease.
- Saute onions and celery. Add into this a small amount of oyster water from the can if onions and celery get too dry. Add in oysters with remaining liqueur. Cook 7 - 10 minutes, until oysters curl on edges. Drain this mixture in a colander.
- Combine oyster mixture, rice, sausage, chopped parsley, and seasonings to taste.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) till heated through.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 233 cal
- 6 g
- 33 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"This is a good recipe but my husband and son did not like the oysters, so the second time I cooked this I made them their own and I used 1LB sausage, 1 cup+ of chicken broth and two cups of cooked cru..." See morembled corn bread.I followed the recipe deleting the oysters and its juice and added my ingredients. They loved it. Next time I am going to use 1/2 LB sausage and a cup of diced cooked chicken livers!"
Sausage Oyster Dressing
Quickest Oyster Dressing EVER!
Just swipe to see more like this.