Awesome Tangerine-Glazed Turkey23 Reviews
- Prep: 45 min
- Cook: 3 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 4 hr 15 min
“I guarantee that you will receive rave reviews on Thanksgiving Day with this recipe! Garnish with fresh thyme, rosemary, and bay leaf. The turkey is stuffed with Awesome Sausage Apple and Dried Cranberry Stuffing.” - by Stacy M. Polcyn
Original recipe yields 1 (10 pound) turkey
- Melt 6 tablespoons butter with canola oil and tangerine juice in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat, and allow to cool about 5 minutes. Soak a piece of cheesecloth large enough to drape over the turkey in the mixture.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F ( 220 degrees C).Clean turkey, and season body cavity with salt and pepper. Loosely pack the neck cavity and body cavity with stuffing. Tie drumsticks together, spread 6 tablespoons butter over the turkey, and season with salt and pepper. Place turkey in a shallow roasting pan.
- Roast turkey for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, and then arrange soaked cheesecloth over turkey. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F (110 degrees C). Continue roasting 1 hour. Leaving the cheesecloth draped over the turkey, baste with the tangerine juice mixture. Continue roasting about 2 hours, basting occasionally, until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the thigh reaches 180 degrees F (80 degrees C) and the stuffing inside the body cavity reaches 165 degrees F (70 degrees C). Discard cheesecloth, and place turkey on a serving platter. Allow turkey to cool about 25 minutes before carving.
- Skim fat from pan juices, and reserve 1/4 cup fat and skimmed pan juices. In the baking pan, mix pan juices with 1 cup turkey stock; cook over high heat, stirring to scrape the bottom of the pan.
- In a saucepan over low heat, whisk together reserved 1/4 cup fat and flour until thickened, about 3 minutes. Stir in pan juices and remaining turkey stock, and add neck and giblets. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring constantly, until giblets are cooked through. Strain through a sieve, and serve with the turkey and stuffing.
Amount Per Serving (13 total)
- 807 cal
- 51.1 g
- 8.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (23)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe gave the turkey the prettiest color I have ever seen. But the cheese cloth had to be basted about every hour and I ended up taking it off and covering the turkey with foil for the last tw..." See moreo hours of cooking. I found that the moistness of the turkey was not really that much different than what I usually get and most of the flavor was in the skin instead of in the meat. Maybe injecting the turkey would allow more of the flavor to come out. Probably won't do this recipe again, but it was nice to try something different."
"I am usually not a big fan of turkey, but wanting to cook a traditional yet unusual dinner for Thanksgiving, I tried this recipe. Am I glad I did. I'm sold! It was the best turkey I ever had. I wi..." See morell never cook turkey any other way."
Homestyle Turkey, the Michigander Way
Just swipe to see more like this.