Cornbread Dressing I60 Reviews
- Prep: 45 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“This recipe has been handed down in my family for several generations, however, this is the first time it has been written with amounts of ingredients rather than a dash of this or a pinch of that. It was a real feat to get my mom to measure the ingredients before she mixed them all together. Enjoy!” - by Beth Dillard
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Prepare biscuits (enough to make 4 cups crumbled), and one 8x8 inch pan cornbread according to package directions. Cool and crumble.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a small pot, combine onion, celery, margarine and chicken broth. Bring to boil and cook vegetables until tender.
- In a 2-quart casserole dish, combine 4 cups crumbled cornbread, 4 cups biscuit crumbs, salt, pepper, sausage, chopped eggs and sage. Pour broth and vegetables over bread mixture, and stir until combined.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 549 cal
- 32.6 g
- 53.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (60)Rate This Recipe
"Wow! I took this dressing to a family gathering today and everyone flipped. I made two pans, for twenty people, and they could have eaten three. The only change I made was to add a can of cream of chi..." See morecken soup in place of one of the broths, which I think really made this dish special, used garlic cheese biscuits instead of plain, and sauted the onion and celery with a bit of garlic. My family just went on and on about how good it was. I was very proud of this dish and will never make my dressing any other way. Too bad there are not 10 stars here. It certainly deserves it!"
"Be careful. The amount of cornbread and biscuits the recipe called for made the dressing too dry for our liking. But with a good gravy it was redeemed...." See more"
Apple Pecan Cornbread Dressing
Oyster and Cornbread Dressing
Just swipe to see more like this.