Easy Crescent Danish Rolls15 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“Crescent rolls are the starting point for these plump homemade Danish rolls with a cream-cheese filling.” - by Pillsbury
Original recipe yields 8 Rolls
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In small bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice; beat until smooth.
- Crescent Rolls: Unroll dough; separate dough into 8 rectangles; firmly press perforations to seal. Recipe Creations: Unroll dough; cut into 8 rectangles.
- Spread each rectangle with about 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture. Roll up each, starting at longest side; firmly pinch edges and ends to seal. Gently stretch each roll to about 10 inches.
- On ungreased large cookie sheet, coil each roll into a spiral with seam on the inside, tucking end under. Make deep indentation in center of each roll; fill with 1/2 teaspoon preserves.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes or until deep golden brown. In small bowl, blend all glaze ingredients, adding enough milk for desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle over warm rolls.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 411 cal
- 21.9 g
- 45.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (15)Rate This Recipe
"Extremely easy for a beginner and amazingly GOOD! I used the same triangles that come in the cans (16 total/ 8 per can), filled them with the cream cheese and rolled them like crescent rolls and they ..." See morebaked fantastic!! Soft and buttery and...oh! so good! My husband would have preferred a sweeter glaze (more powdered sugar). I think next time I would prefer almond extract in the glaze instead of vanilla. I felt like a pastry chef!"
"Instead of preserves, I used some lemon curd that I made earlier in the week and used lemon extract instead of vanilla for the glaze. My lemon curd spread out over the roll, so be sure to make your i..." See morendentation deep enough to avoid that. The cream cheese filling is really yummy. The roll's texture is heavier than a flaky bakery danish, but the flavor is as good."
"I have made these twice now. I would suggest reducing the cream cheese mixture by about 25% (so 6 oz (3/4 brick) cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar, 2 tsp lemon juice) and adding about 2 T jam to the mix (s..." See moretill put some on top). I made it as instructed the first time and thought that it was way too cream cheesy, and the filling exploded. With less cream cheese filling and some of the fruit flavor mixed in, they came out much better."
Crescent Mummy Dogs
Cheese Crescent Triangles
Just swipe to see more like this.