Pumpkin Roll I173 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“An easy pumpkin roll dessert that tastes great.” - by Jackie Smith
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Butter or grease one 10x15 inch jelly roll pan.
- In a mixing bowl, blend together the eggs, sugar, cinnamon, and pumpkin. In a separate bowl, mix together flour and baking soda. Add to pumpkin mixture and blend until smooth. Evenly spread the mixture over the prepared jelly roll pan.
- Bake 15 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from oven and allow to cool enough to handle.
- Remove cake from pan and place on tea towel (cotton, not terry cloth). Roll up the cake by rolling a towel inside cake and place seam side down to cool.
- Prepare the frosting by blending together the butter, cream cheese, confectioners sugar, and vanilla.
- When cake is completely cooled, unroll and spread with cream cheese filling. Roll up again without towel. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve. Sprinkle top with confectioners sugar and slice into 8-10 servings.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 289 cal
- 11.8 g
- 42.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (173)Rate This Recipe
"This is one of the easiest things I have ever made. Only thing I did differently (because I forgot to add shortening to my grocery list) was used wax paper to line the cooking sheet rather than greas..." See moreing it. Once it's cool enough to be handled, flip it out onto your powdered towel and gently pull the wax paper off then roll. Moist, moist, moist. I've made it several times and prefer wax paper (with all cakes, actually) to greasing the pans."
"I have been making this for over 25 years. I give it to our customers for our company instead of alchol. I was offered $300.00 for the recipe. But it was a friends family recipe I promised NOT to give..." See more out. This is easy and awsome. Everyone will be in aw over it. Simple recipe but so you know roll needs to cool at LEAST two hours in the fridge to firm up. It can also cool overnight just so you know. Wrap it in tin foil and it keeps in the freezer for up to 3 months and it is still just as yummy as it was fresh. I ship to my brother in New Jersey from California EVERY YEAR!"
Granny Kat's Pumpkin Roll
Pumpkin Roll with Crunchy Peanut Butter Cream
Just swipe to see more like this.