Apricot-Orange Gelatin Salad5 Reviews
“My Step-mom gave me this recipe about 20 years ago and we have incorporated it into our holiday traditions ever since! It may seem strange to put cheese on this, but it really does cut the sweetness enough to serve it with dinner.” - by Vicki Monte
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Drain and reserve syrup from apricots and pineapple. Add water to equal 2 1/2 cups.
- In a mixing bowl, dissolve the gelatin in hot water. Stir in 1 1/2 cups reserved fruit syrup, set aside to cool.
- To the gelatin mixture, add the apricots, pineapple, nuts and marshmallows. Stir to combine, pour into a lightly oiled 9x13 inch pan and chill until firm.
- In a small sauce pan, combine the sugar, flour, egg, remaining fruit syrup and butter. Heat and stir constantly until thickened. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Whip cream until stiff peaks form; fold into chilled custard mixture. Spread over gelatin, refrigerate, and sprinkle with cheese before serving.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 384 cal
- 14.4 g
- 61.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"Thanks for this oldtime recipe. My cousin had given it to me years ago and I made it several years at Thanksgiving, then lost it. The grated cheese on top does sound weird, but it really makes this ..." See morea unique congealed salad. This is my favorite recipe. Thanks again."
"This was an excellent recipe. The taste was great, and I didn't think it was that sweet. I didn't add any cheese to it, but topped the custard sauce with a little cinnamon. The only that I didn't l..." See moreike is guessing how long you needed to let the custard set to the proper chill. There were also some other things that didn't have a time limit set. I think for a first time cook or beginner, it would be a good idea to do this."
Cranberry Gelatin Salad
Persimmon Gelatin Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.