Crunchy Green Bean Casserole70 Reviews
“This is my own variation to the old tried and true string bean casserole. My family has loved this for years, and now my daughter makes it for her family.” - by Becky Twitchell
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- In a 1-1/2 quart casserole dish, mix together the bacon, soup, water chestnuts, milk, green beans and pinch of black pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Stir and top with French fried onions. Bake for 5 additional minutes or until onions are golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 506 cal
- 36.9 g
- 35.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (70)Rate This Recipe
"I always use cheddar cheese soup instead of mushroom when i make green bean casserole-so i used cheddar cheese soup and the bacon was a really big hit-something different than same old casserole-will ..." See moremake it again."
"Great recipe! Tastes wonderful with the bacon & water chestnuts. I used sliced water chestnuts and didn't chop..nice and crunchy. Also used 1 big bag of frozen french cut green beans. I'll serve t..." See morehis at Thanksgiving, for sure."
Never Enough Green Bean Casserole
Green Bean Casserole I
Just swipe to see more like this.