Pumpkin Roll III50 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“This is an easy recipe for pumpkin rolls with cream cheese.” - by Diane
Original recipe yields 12 to 15
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour jelly roll pan. (I use a 15x18 inch pan lined with waxed paper and then greased and floured.)
- Beat eggs with electric mixer for 2 1/2 minutes. Add sugar slowly while still beating. Beat for 3 1/2 minutes more. Fold in pumpkin and lemon juice.
- Mix together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt and baking powder. Fold into batter. Spread batter onto prepared pan. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool enough to handle.
- Remove cake from pan and place on tea towel (cotton, not terrycloth). Roll up the cake by rolling towel inside cake and place seam-side down to cool.
- Prepare the frosting by blending together the sugar, cream cheese, butter and vanilla.
- When the cake is completely cooled, unroll cake and spread with cream cheese filling and roll up again without the towel. Wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar and slice into 12-15 servings.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 275 cal
- 11.9 g
- 39.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (50)Rate This Recipe
"I have been making these rolls for years, this recipe is almost identical to the one I use except instead of ginger I use pumpkin pie spice. For the filling I only use 2 tablespoons of butter instead ..." See moreof 4. I end up making almost 10 rolls a year and this year was the easiest because I just started using Parchment Paper. I bake it on the parchment then take it out of the oven and roll it up warm right in the parchment paper. Another thing I found to make the cake spongy and easier to roll is to beat the eggs until they form peaks, then add the sugar gradually and beat the sugar and eggs for about 5 minutes before folding in the pumpkin (Libby's 100% Pure pumpkin in a can)."
"I got this recipe from the Southern Living Cookbook and it's fabulous! The only difference is that you add 1 cup of finely chopped walnuts or pecans sprinkled over the batter before putting the pan in..." See more the oven. Also, in the cream cheese filling, I throw in a dash of rum for the yum rum in the tum...oooo:) Hint: you must roll the cake while still hot and moist and must let cool completely before unrolling to keep from breaking. I make this at holidays a week in advance and freeze and pull out the day of. And in a pinch, you can cheat with with cream cheese frosting out of a can, but don't tell anyone! he, he"
"I've made this roll twice.The second time I added 1t of pumpkin pie spice in addition to the other spices.I wanted to enhance the pumpkin flavor. To make it more attractive at serving time, I frosted ..." See moreit with a little filling I have saved, to which I added 3T of apricot preserves. You could also use peach preserves or orange marmalade for a great flavor combination.My friends enjoyed the more enhanced version, the the original version is delicious, too. Thanks, Diane."
Granny Kat's Pumpkin Roll
Pumpkin Roll with Crunchy Peanut Butter Cream
Just swipe to see more like this.