Sweet Potato Souffle III117 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“I get rave reviews for this recipe! It's wonderful for Thanksgiving, and always a hit at family reunions, covered dish dinners, etc. Enjoy!” - by Jane Cagle
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- In a large stockpot, cover sweet potatoes with 1 inch of water; boil for 20 minutes, or until fork tender. Drain, allow to cool and remove skins.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease or butter one 2 quart casserole dish.
- Place potatoes in a mixing bowl and with an electric mixer, beat on low speed until potatoes begin to break up. Increase speed to medium high and blend until smooth.
- Reduce speed to low and add sugar, milk, butter, vanilla, eggs and salt. Mix well.
- Allow any potato 'fibers' to remain on the beater and remove. Pour sweet potato mixture into the casserole dish.
- Prepare the topping in a small bowl by whisking together the brown sugar, flour, butter and pecans. Sprinkle mixture over potato mixture and bake for 40 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 595 cal
- 30.6 g
- 78.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (117)Rate This Recipe
"This turned out very well indeed! A few things I tweaked were: used evaporated milk instead of regular milk, I used brown sugar instead of white sugar in the sweet potato mix (and used a bit less th..." See morean a full cup), and I seasoned it up with a good dose of cinnamon, nutmeg, and all spice. I think I'll use even less sugar in the sweet potatoes next time because it really doesn't need it. But this recipe is definitely a keeper!"
"I think this is a really good recipe...but, I would improve on it by simply separating my egg yolks and whites. Then, I would add the yolks in with the other ingredients while mixing. Next comes the..." See more main difference - beat the egg whites until stiff ( not dry ), and gently fold them into the sweet potato mixture. Bake immediately after topping. Add marshmallows the last 15 minutes of baking. ( Do not open oven while baking and handle casserole carefully as this is truly a souffle with the eggs added this way. ) I KNOW you will love it prepared in this manner. Enjoy! Barbara / Fountain Inn, SC"
"This recipe is great I only used 3 large sweet potatoes, as my family is small. I also used an electric mixer to make sure everything was smooth. I feel like a pro when I make this. I also baked th..." See moree sweet potatoes wrapped in foil with butter in the oven for about half an hour each side. I don't care for recipes that call for boiling vegetables in water. When these came out of the oven I was able to gently slice down the length of the potato and the skin came off very smoothly."
Sweet Potato Souffle I
Sweet Potato Passover Souffle
Just swipe to see more like this.