Pumpkin Roll II21 Reviews
- Prep: 40 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“A pumpkin pastry that is yummy and easy to make.” - by Kathleena Lee
Original recipe yields 8 to 10
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Butter or grease one 10x15 inch jelly roll pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, pumpkin and lemon juice.
- Sift together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. Add to wet ingredients and mix well. Spread into pan and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool enough to handle.
- Remove cake from pan and place on tea towel (cotton, not terry cloth). Roll up the cake by rolling a towel inside cake and place seam side down to cool.
- Prepare the frosting by blending together the sugar, butter, cream cheese and vanilla.
- Before completely cool, unroll cake and spread with cream cheese filling and roll up again without towel. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar and slice into 8 to 10 servings.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 252 cal
- 11.8 g
- 33.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (21)Rate This Recipe
"My family has been making this for over 20 years at the holidays! My suggestion-- I found after filling and rolling I wrap in wax paper, then foil and FREEZE! This really makes the roll very moist, ..." See morefirms up the filling nicely and makes it very easy to cut into nice slices. When you take out of the freezer, let it sit 5-10 before slicing. I also make extra rolls to give as gifts and can be left in the freezer for up to 3 months."
"This was a great dessert! I've never made one, and it was easy! I also used a regular baking sheet instead of a jelly roll pan...it worked fine. (It still took about 20 minutes to bake.) Enjoy!..." See more"
"This is one of the best pumpkin rolls I have EVER had!!! *Note* be sure to use excatly the amount of butter for the filling as the recipe calls for...or the filling will be soupy and it will run out t..." See morehe side when you roll it up. Everyone that has tried this pumpkin roll loves it!!!"
Granny Kat's Pumpkin Roll
Pumpkin Roll III
Just swipe to see more like this.