Dinner in a Pumpkin I19 Reviews
“This is a great way to use an extra pumpkin and prepare dinner without making a mess!” - by Sara
Original recipe yields 8 to 10 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Wash pumpkin, cut off top, scrape out seeds and discard.
- Place hamburger in a large, deep skillet. Crumble and cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain fat, add onion and garlic; saute slightly.
- Add sugar, Italian herbs, salt, pepper, tomato juice and rice; mix thoroughly.
- Layer inside of pumpkin with 1/3 of cabbage, green beans and beef and rice mixture. Repeat layers, replace lid and bake for 2 to 3 hours.
Amount Per Serving (9 total)
- 365 cal
- 16.1 g
- 38.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (19)Rate This Recipe
"please add recommendation to put pumpkin in a roasting pan. The pumpkin sagged and juice ran into the oven; making a rather considerable mess!..." See more"
"A very good recipe. My children absolutely loved it! One suggestion I would make is leaving out the green beans. It has a "stuffed cabbage" taste and the beans don't go with it. Cook the pumpkin on a..." See more roasting pan to avoid the potential mess in your oven."
"This was an awesome recipe!! I used tomato sauce instead b/c I didn't have any tomato juice. Also added 1/2 bay leave since it enhances tomato flavor. The only mistake I made was not covering the pu..." See morempkin. The rice wasn't cooked very well:( But the presentation was still good and hubby ate a lot!! TY Sara, this will be a nice family meal for special occasion."
Unstuffed Cabbage Dinner
Classy Pumpkin Pasta
Just swipe to see more like this.