Tilapia Asparagus Bundles With White Wine Sauce15 Reviews
- Prep: 5 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 25 min
“I wanted to cook my family a healthy meal of fish and vegetables. I had tilapia and asparagus on hand so I decided to cook these!” - by s3nt4rmh3aven
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking pan.
- Wrap each tilapia fillet around 3 spears of asparagus and secure with wooden toothpicks. Season the fish with salt and pepper, then place in prepared baking pan. Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the foil and sprinkle the chopped green onion over the fish. Return the pan, uncovered, to the oven to bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- While the fish is baking, heat the wine in a small saucepan over medium heat. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and lemon juice and whisk until there are no visible clumps. Add the cornstarch mixture to the white wine, cooking and stirring to prevent lumps. Add the dried basil and black pepper and continue to cook for 2 minutes or until the sauce is thickened.
- To serve, remove the toothpicks from the tilapia fillets and spoon sauce over top.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 167 cal
- 1.6 g
- 5.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (15)Rate This Recipe
"I made this last night for my family. The talapia and asparagus was very good but my suggestion for the sauce would be to allow your guests to put the sauce on themselves. It has a very strong flavor..." See more and very little is needed for the fish. Enjoy, Rosanne"
"I was very disappointed in this recipe. I could have made something better with my tilapia. the asparagus didn't get done in the length of time it took for the fish to cook, so was very crunchy, and ..." See morei just didn't like how intense the flavor of the sauce was. sorry!"
"Definite potential...sauce was too strong so I didn't use it..so in fear of dry fish, I opened the oven, took out the pan of fish and asparagus and added a little olive oil, some garlic powder and a l..." See moreittle more salt/pepper...and topped off with fresh greated parmasean cheese. put back in the oven and it came out great! Really filling!!"
Pork Meatballs in White Wine Sauce
Just swipe to see more like this.