Blackberry Puff Pastry Tarts28 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“This simple yet delicious recipe is certain to please anyone with a sweet tooth. You can use either puff pastry sheets or shells for this recipe. If you use sheets, put the filling in before you cook the pastry, and then cook them all the way in one go. These are equally good warm or cooled, but I advise against reheating them in the microwave or refrigerating them.” - by tovlakas
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Mix the cream cheese, sugar, and cinnamon together in a bowl until thoroughly blended. Set aside.
- Place the puff pastry shells on the prepared cookies sheet. Brush each shell with milk and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven until shells expand and turn golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Watch closely to make sure shells bake thoroughly, but do not overbake. Remove shells from oven, and use a fork to remove the cap from each shell. Set the caps aside.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture into each shell. Top with 6 to 8 blackberries. Place a puff pastry cap on top of each shell over the berries.
- Return filled pastry shells to oven, and bake until pastry tops are golden brown and the filling is warm, about 5 minutes more.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 219 cal
- 13.2 g
- 22.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (28)Rate This Recipe
"This was fantastic! I baked the shells almost done then filled and left on the counter until about 10 minutes before we were ready to eat them. Popped in the over to heat filling and finish browning..." See more the shells and served right away. I had one left over and just put it in a ziploc and left it at room temp overnight. Put it in the over for about 5 min to reheat. I made one without berries for a picky eater and it was also great. I love berries but I would also like to try this with other fruit. Because of the cinnamon, chopped apples would be delicious in place of the berries."
"This was really great and easy. I had to use the pastry sheets because the store had no shells. I was being very lazy, so I cut the sheets into nine pieces each and basically made "raviolis' by putt..." See moreing one piece on bottom-adding ingredients-one piece on top and then pinched the edges together. They were much better cold. I shared them with the neighbors who loved them too! Thanks for sharing the recipe!"
"Five stars for the great taste! I used frozen berries and that was a mistake that caused the pastry filling to be very runny, so I definitely don't recommend frozen berries in this recipe. I used pas..." See moretry sheets rather than shells and I didn't have turbinado sugar so I just sprinkled brown sugar and I think that worked quite well."
Mediterranean Puff Pastry Chicken
Puff Pastry Cinnamon Rolls
Just swipe to see more like this.