Chicken with Brie and Caramelized Onions10 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“This recipe was developed as a simple alternative to typical Valentine's fare for one of my client's Valentine's Day Dinner. It was a great success and so easy to prepare.” - by Lia Soscia
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in a large skillet; cook and stir the onion in the butter until caramelized, about 10 minutes. Stir in the sugar and cook until the sugar completely melts, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool completely.
- Mix together the flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish. Whisk together the egg and water in a small bowl. Dredge each chicken breast in the flour; shake off the excess flour and then dip the chicken in the egg and water mixture.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook the chicken in the hot oil until completely browned, 5 to 7 minutes per side.
- Place 2 of the chicken breast halves in the bottom of a baking dish. Top each with about half the brie and half the caramelized onions. Lie the remaining chicken breast halves atop the brie and onions.
- Bake the chicken in the preheated oven until the cheese is melted and the chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes.
- While the chicken bakes, melt 2 tablespoons butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Allow the butter to brown slightly before adding the vermouth; bring to a simmer and allow to cook until the liquid reduces by about half. Season with the thyme, salt, and pepper. Stir the arrowroot into the mixture to thicken. Serve the sauce over the chicken.
Amount Per Serving (2 total)
- 1506 cal
- 108.6 g
- 60.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"Great as is ....Just to offer a lighter twist and to stretch the budget out.....Rather than breading the chicken and then topping the chicken with another piece... try one piece ( not breaded) , add r..." See moreaspberry preserves over the brie and chicken and wrap in phyllo. Light and yummy. You can even use poached chicken and sugar free preserves to be a little more healthy! Thanks for sharing!"
"I was very excited to try this recipe, but I have to say that I was a little disappointed. I love chicken, brie, and caramelized onions so I thought these things would go great together. It was just a..." See morelright, not great. It took more time than I thought, and it was so rich it gave me a stomach ache. Also, look at the nutritional information...definitely not worth the 1500 calories."
Baked Brie with Caramelized Onions
Baked Italian Chicken Breast with Brie
Just swipe to see more like this.