Candied Walnut Salad with Walnut Vinaigrette3 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“Sweet, nutty, and herbally aromatic, this vinaigrette compliments a wide variety of dishes, and is easy to make! The sugared walnuts, nut oils, and fresh herbs dramatically open the palate for roasted meats, crisp wines, and full-bodied fare. It is a great herald for spring!” - by Doppio Sous
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar, and cook until the sugar has melted and turned deep brown - but not burnt, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Once the sugar has browned, stir in walnut halves until coated with caramelized sugar. Spread out onto prepared baking sheet, and place into preheated oven. Cook until the center of the walnuts have just turned a light golden brown, about 5 minutes. Once done, remove from the oven and allow to cool until warm or room temperature.
- Whisk the vinegar together with the chives, parsley, dill, and chervil. Whisk in walnut and peanut oils until well combined.
- To serve, toss the arugula with enough dressing to moisten in a large bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place onto salad plates and garnish with candied walnuts.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 596 cal
- 56.5 g
- 21 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"One winner of a salad for sure! Due to allergies did not use the peanut oil. A must to impress guests! Thank you so very much Doppio!..." See more"
"I really enjoyed this. It had a really different flavor and would be excellent to serve to guests for something a little different. I scaled it down to 4 people. I used spring mix and went a little..." See more heavier on the chopped fresh spices in the dressing. I had no fresh dill, so I used dried instead. Very nice, light, nutty flavor. Thanks for the great recipe!"
Missy's Candied Walnut Gorgonzola Salad
Balsamic Grape and Walnut Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.