Apple Butter Spice Cake94 Reviews
“This is a very good and moist cake recipe I received from my grandmother years ago. It makes a nice addition to any dinner table.” - by Shirley
Original recipe yields 1 - 9x13 inch cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray or grease one 9x13 inch pan.
- Prepare the topping by mixing together the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and chopped pecans.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Blend together butter and sugar; add eggs and beat well. Add apple butter, vanilla, wheat germ or bran cereal. Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with sour cream; mix well after each addition.
- Pour 1/2 batter into pan, sprinkle 1/2 the topping over top. Pour remaining batter and top with remaining topping.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 266 cal
- 10.7 g
- 40.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (94)Rate This Recipe
"I found this recipe when I was looking to use up a jar of apple butter a friend gave me. It is a great cake! I did some modifications; brown sugar instead of white; walnuts instead of pecans; instant ..." See moreoats instead of bran/wheat germ. Perfect for potluck or church socials - no messy frosting. "
"It is delicious - I baked it in a bundt cake pan and it was also very pretty -..." See more"
Apple Spice Cake
Apple Cinnamon Spice Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.