Sweet Potato Pecan Pie32 Reviews
“This is the perfect Thanksgiving pie. Sweet potatoes and pecans make such a wonderful combination. And everyone know it wouldn't be Thanksgiving without pie.” - by bluebayou
Original recipe yields 1 9 inch pie
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Prepare dough for one 9 inch pie. Refrigerate until ready to bake.
- Blend together the butter, sweet potatoes, eggs, brown sugar, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, salt, corn syrup and evaporated milk. Pour filling into crust and sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until inserted knife comes out clean. Set aside to cool.
- Beat together whipping cream, sugar and liqueur until soft peaks form. Top pie with whipped cream and pecan halves.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 772 cal
- 53.3 g
- 66.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (32)Rate This Recipe
"Really tasty and rich. Makes for a good and easy holiday pie. However, I would recommend using a deep dish crust. We had too much filling to put into a regular crust...." See more"
"So yummy! Definitely a comfort food delicacy in my book. I tried it two ways. Once with the seasoning the listed and another with 2 teaspoons of "McCormik's Pumpkin Pie Spice" (which includes: Cinna..." See moremon, Ginger, Nutmeg, and Allspice...if you like a lot of cinnamon then you have room to add more here. But they both came out fantastic. I served it up with Dulce de Leche ice cream and had everyone melting in their seats with each bite. My pie experts said it was a definite must have."
Sweet Potato Pie II
Sweet Potato Pie III
Just swipe to see more like this.