Jim's Cornbread Stuffing5 Reviews
“I fix this because it's everyone's favorite dish (besides the turkey and dessert). - Big Jim” - by BIGJIM
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place eggs in saucepan and cover with water. Bring to boil. Cover, remove from heat, and let eggs sit in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water; cool, peel and chop.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a 2 quart pot, combine the chicken stock, butter, bell pepper, onion and celery. Bring to boil and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the cornbread, eggs, olives, chestnuts, salt, pepper, sage and poultry seasoning. Pour broth over cornbread and mix thoroughly.
- Place stuffing in baking dish; bake for 60 to 75 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 496 cal
- 30.7 g
- 42.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"This is the type of stuffing I was raised on! Mom was out of town & could not be reached - I needed her recipe for stuffing. This is almost identical & turned out perfect. Minimal time - Maximum ta..." See moreste! Thanks, Mr. Bray! You saved the day! This one is "my" stuffing now, too!"
"I don't know if I'll try this again. It sounds like a good concept, but it needs to be played with. The seasoning wasn't quite right, either. Sorry Jim, I'll be hunting for another cornbread stuffing ..." See morerecipe. :("
Cornbread Dressing I
Apple and Sausage Cornbread Stuffing
Just swipe to see more like this.