Grilled Whole Turkey48 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 4 hr
- Ready In: 4 hr 30 min
“This is an easy way to cook a Thanksgiving turkey and free up your oven for other dishes.” - by Rtarver
Original recipe yields 1 - 12 pound turkey
- Prepare an outdoor grill for indirect medium heat, and lightly oil grate. Rinse turkey, and pat dry.
- Place turkey breast side down on the prepared grill. Sear turkey on both sides until skin is golden to dark brown.
- In a large roasting pan, mix together the water, bouillon powder, garlic powder, onion powder, poultry seasoning, parsley, and paprika.
- Place turkey breast side down in the roasting pan. Scoop the pan mixture over the turkey. Cover tightly with foil and place on grill.
- Grill 3 to 4 hours, until the internal temperature of the thigh reaches 180 degrees F (85 degrees C). Remove turkey from grill and let stand 15 minutes before carving.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 461 cal
- 21.4 g
- 1 g
- < 1%
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (48)Rate This Recipe
"This was awesome! If there were 6 stars, I'd give it--we stood around the bird and munched it like barbarians. I love turkey but hate heating up the oven in the Summer. This will be our new turkey r..." See moreecipe. We would suggest a low sodium boullion...the broth was really too salty to make into gravy (but was great for dipping). Also, it only took 2 hours for our 12 lber, so wathch that it doesn't get overdone."
"I've been grilling our holiday turkey for years, this is the BEST! Grilling advise, if your grill is 22 1/2" in diameter (Weber) you need 25 briquets on each side for first hour and need to add 8 to e..." See moreach side every hour during cooking. For a 26 3/4" grill you need 30 briquets the first hour and add 9 to each side every hour. "
"I have made dozens of turkeys in my life. I have never made a bad turkey. This time I wanted to try to grill a turkey, since I absolutely hate to heat the oven in the summer. This was absolutely th..." See moree best turkey that I ever made. I made it just like the recipe calls for and it was just PERFECT!!! I can honestly say that I have never made a better turkey! NEVER! I did need to add more water periodically, but that is the ony change. THANK YOU FOR THIS RECIPE!"
Homestyle Turkey, the Michigander Way
Awesome Tangerine-Glazed Turkey
Just swipe to see more like this.