Frost on the Pumpkin10 Reviews
- Prep: 40 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“I have been serving this blue ribbon pie for many years and no one who loves pumpkin pie goes home without asking for the recipe! It has all the flavors everyone wants in a pumpkin pie without the heaviness.” - by Ruth
Original recipe yields 1 9-inch pie
- Soften gelatin in cold water and set aside. Beat egg yolks at high speed in mixer until ribbons form. Gradually add the white sugar and beat until mixture thickens. Add pumpkin, milk, allspice, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Beat well.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly for 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and add gelatin mixture. Blend together and refrigerate until chilled.
- Combine 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of the cinnamon. Stir and set aside. Beat whipping cream and vanilla until doubled in size. Gradually add the powdered sugar and cinnamon mixture; beat until soft peaks form. Refrigerate.
- Beat egg whites (room temperature) at high speed until foamy. Gradually add the rest of the divided powdered sugar a Tablespoon at a time-beating until stiff peaks form. Fold into chilled pumpkin mixture.
- Spread half of the pumpkin mixture evenly into baked pie shell. Spoon half of whipped cream mixture over pumpkin layer. Repeat layers ending with whipped cream mixture and sealing to the edge of the pastry. Chill until set.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 230 cal
- 13.8 g
- 23.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"This is without a doubt the best pumpkin pie I have ever made-and I have tried just about all of them after over thirty years of baking!! It is not the quickest to do-but is worth the extra half an ho..." See moreur or so in extra time-and is easily done in a few stages. My family says it is 'authentic pumpkin pie taste without the heaviness.' Absolutely try this-if you want certain success with everyone who tastes it. Incredibly impressive and very different from the 'run-of-the-mill' off the-back-of-the-can pumpkin pie recipe! YUM!"
"I made this for a dinner party and everyone cleaned their plates. It is really light - great if you like the taste of pumpkin but not the heavy custard texture of traditional pumpkin pie. ..." See more"
Homemade Fresh Pumpkin Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.