Cheesy Zucchini Dish6 Reviews
“This is a cheesy zucchini dish in which the zucchini are breaded and fried, spread with sour cream, topped with sharp cheddar cheese and baked.” - by Kim Priske
Original recipe yields 10 to 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray one 9x13 inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil; blanch zucchini, drain and cool.
- In a shallow bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, 1 tablespoon garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste. In a separate bowl, combine the milk, 2 teaspoons garlic, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut ends off zucchini and then cut in thirds. Roll zucchini in flour mixture, then in milk and again in flour to cover completely. Set aside on parchment paper until all pieces are covered.
- Heat large frying pan over medium high heat, add oil and brown zucchini on all sides. Remove and arrange in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Spread sour cream over zucchini and top with cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese is beginning to brown. Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes and serve.
Amount Per Serving (11 total)
- 397 cal
- 28.6 g
- 21.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"It was good, but we only did a third of the recipe and still had too much! Maybe it's because I went light on the toppings. I enjoyed it, but hubby who made the dish had problems getting the batter to..." See more stick to the zucchinis when frying them. It was very tasty. "
Zucchini Casserole II
Zucchini Cornbread Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.